Demartek is a computer industry analyst organization with its own ISO 17025 accredited computer test lab. The majority of the work Demartek does involves running hardware or software solutions in the Demartek test lab for the purpose of validation testing, performance testing, power efficiency or other types of testing. A full description of the Demartek services is available on the Demartek lab validation testing page.
- Demartek Comments on IDF2014 and NVMe, Thunderbolt 2, USB 3.1 and PCIe 4.0
- Because of the number of storage interface types and related technologies that are used for storage devices, Demartek has compiled this summary document providing some basic information for each of the interfaces, including Fibre Channel. Free download
- Demartek Releases Fibre Channel Tutorial Video. In this ongoing series of videos, Demartek discusses what Fibre Channel is, its history, and how it is beneficial in today’s growing datacenter. We hope you enjoy this latest installment and encourage any and all feedback you may have.
Demartek performs both public and private testing of hardware and software solutions. These services include:
- Ease of Use Studies
- Deployment Guides and Solutions Guides
- Lab Validation Testing
- Performance Testing and Reporting
- Synthetic benchmarks using tools such as IOmeter, VDbench, FIO, SQLIO, etc.
- Database testing using real databases such as Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server
- Email testing such as Microsoft Jetstress and ESRP, LoadGen and others
- File server testing
- Virtualization (VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, Xen and others)
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
- Web Server testing
- Electrical Power Efficiency Testing including EPA ENERGY STAR Data Center Storage
Dennis Martin is the founder and President of Demartek, a computer industry analyst organization with its own ISO 17025 accredited test lab. Demartek focuses on lab validation testing and performance testing of storage and related hardware and software products and is recognized by the EPA as an official test lab for ENERGY STAR Data Center Storage. Dennis has been working in the Information Technology industry since 1980, primarily involved in software development and project management in mainframe, UNIX, and Windows environments. These include a variety of large and small end-user customers, and engineering and marketing positions for storage vendors such as StorageTek.
Dennis has made numerous presentations at conferences and has authored many industry articles. His current speaking schedule is available.
Dennis is a Microsoft Storage MVP for calendar years 2005-2014.
In January 2014, Demartek moved to a larger office, with more space for its people and equipment.
231 Violet Street, Suite 100
Golden, CO 80401