Author, J Metz, FCIA Board of Directors
NVMe is one of the most interesting new developments to happen to storage in the past several years, and NVMe over Fabrics extends these capabilities over a Storage Area Network. Given that 80% of all existing Flash storage solutions deployed are interconnected with Fibre Channel, many questions have arisen about what it is, how it works, and why someone might want to consider using Fibre Channel for NVMe-based solutions.
That’s why the FCIA, the technology voice of the Fibre Channel industry, is hosting a technical webcast, “Introducing Fibre Channel NVMe,” to provide an introduction and solid foundation on Fibre Channel NVMe. Join us live on February 16th where we will address some of these fundamental questions:
- How do Fibre Channel and NVMe work together?
- How is NVMe over Fabrics different from “traditional” Fibre Channel?
- What changes do I have to make to my Fibre Channel environment in order to get NVMe over Fabrics to work?
- What would an NVMe over Fibre Channel architecture look like?
- What advantages would I get using Fibre Channel in an NVMe solution?
- Register now to learn more about this exciting new technology from the people who are developing it. We hope to see you on February 16th.