Leading Vendors Convene to Discuss Key Advancements in Fibre Channel and FCoE Technology
Santa Clara, Calif. (Storage Networking World), April 4, 2011 — The Fibre Channel Industry Association (FCIA) today announced that it will exhibit demonstrations around 8GFC (Gigabit Fibre Channel) and Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE). Demonstrations will take place in booth #506 at Storage Networking World (SNW), April 4th – April 7th at the Hyatt Regency Silicon Valley/Santa Clara Convention Center.
The FCIA with leading storage vendors will show firsthand why Fibre Channel continues to be the protocol of choice by collaborating on how 8GFC and FCoE technology work together in the data center. Companies supporting this demonstration are: Broadcom, Brocade, Cisco, DCS, Emulex, Hewlett-Packard, JDSU, LSI, NetApp, and QLogic.
“The FCIA is proud to join forces with storage networking leaders in FCoE and 8GFC.” said Greg McSorley, Secretary FCIA. “Today’s demonstration shows that Fibre Channel technologies continue to provide IT organizations the assurance that they have the most proven, most widely adopted, highest performance storage technology in the market today.”
In addition to showcasing current technologies, esteemed members of the FCIA will be discussing future Fibre Channel technologies such as 16GFC in the FCIA booth and in the speaking sessions noted below.
FCIA Experts on Stage:
The FCIA will be presenting in the following sessions at SNW:
- Converged Network Track: Fibre Channel Driving Storage Innovation, Speed and Convergence
Monday, April 4 from 1:55 p.m. to 2:40 p.m.
Presented by Tom Hammond-Doel, Senior Alliance Manager, Engenio Storage Group of LSI and Vice Chairman, FCIA
- Fibre Channel Panel: Kick-Butt Advancements in Fibre Channel and FCoE Moderated by David Vellante, CEO and Co-Founder, The Wikibon Project
Wednesday, April 6 from 2:10 p.m. to 2:55 p.m.
Distinguished Panelists include:
- Rob Davis, CTO and Vice President of Advanced Technology, QLogic Corporation
- Silvano Gai, Fellow, Cisco Systems
- Tom Hammond-Doel, Senior Alliance Manager, Engenio Storage Group of LSI
- Doug Ingraham, Vice-President of Product Management, Data Center Products, Brocade
- Mark Jones, Director Technical Marketing, Emulex
- Mike McNamara, Senior Manager, Product Marketing, NetApp
- Greg Scherer, Vice President of Server and Storage Strategy, Broadcom
The Fibre Channel Industry Association (FCIA) is a non-profit international organization whose sole purpose is to act as the independent technology and marketing voice of the Fibre Channel industry. We are committed to helping member organizations promote and position Fibre Channel, and to providing a focal point for Fibre Channel information, standards advocacy, and education.
FCIA members include manufacturers, system integrators, developers, vendors, industry professionals, and end users. Our member-led working groups and committees focus on creating and championing the Fibre Channel technology roadmaps, targeting applications that include data storage, video, networking, and storage area network (SAN) management. For more info, go to http://www.fibrechannel.org
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners