New HP LPe1605 16GFC HBAs Provide 6x the IOPS, Double Storage Throughput and Lower Latency for HP BladeSystem C-Class Servers
COSTA MESA, Calif., – February 18, 2014 – Emulex Corporation (NYSE:ELX), a leader in network connectivity, monitoring and management, today announced the availability of the HP LPe1605 Host Bus Adapters (HBAs)for new HP BladeSystem C-Class Servers, based on Emulex LightPulse® Gen 5 (16GFC) Fibre Channel (FC) HBA technology. The HP LPe1605 enables better storage performance for I/O operations per second (IOPS) and bandwidth-intensive cloud and storage-intensive applications.
“Today’s data centers need higher performing and lower latency storage to remove bottlenecks and improve workload performance, especially as the majority of traditional workloads will transition to the cloud in 2014,” said Shaun Walsh, senior vice president of marketing and corporate development, Emulex. “The new HP LPe1605 HBAs based on the latest Emulex LightPulse technology enable better storage performance for IOPS and bandwidth-intensive cloud and storage applications with double the storage throughput and up to 75 percent lower latency than previous FC solutions1.”
Emulex LightPulse Gen 5 FC HBA technology – the basis for the HP LPe1605 HBA – delivers increased storage area network (SAN) reliability, manageability and simplicity, as well as application acceleration and higher throughput for virtualization and mission-critical applications.
Key features of the HP LPe1605 HBAs include:
- Superior Gen 5 Fibre Channel Connectivity: The HP LPe1605 HBA delivers more than 1.2 million I/O operations per second (IOPS) on a single port,2 the highest level of Fibre Channel adapter performance available today, and up to 6x greater IOPS per port than the previous generation, enabling better storage performance for cloud and storage intensive applications. Power efficiency is also improved by delivering up to 4x better IOPS per watt of power1.
- Increased Throughput and Low Latency: The HP LPe1605 HBA provides twice the throughput and up to 75 percent lower latency when compared to current 8GFC adapters without sacrificing CPU efficiency1. Support for PCI Express (PCIe) 3.0 provides a faster I/O bus, more PCIe lanes and increased I/O bandwidth and delivers optimal performance for applications – such as virtualization and cloud solutions – by matching the performance capabilities of HP ProLiant Gen8 architecture, based on the new Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v2 product family.
- Simplified and Centralized Management: As with all Emulex LightPulse Fibre Channel HBAs, the HP LPe1605 is managed with Emulex OneCommand™ Manager, which enables enterprise scalability with time-saving features that provide more than twice the adapter management functionality and take half the time to install and manage compared to other I/O solutions.3 Emulex OneCommand® Manager plug-in for VMware vCenter™ Server allows users to manage Emulex adapters across hundreds of servers natively from the VMware vCenter Server console. The HP LPe1605 also integrates with HP Storage Essentials (SE) and System Insight Manager (SIM).
“Our customers are looking for a storage solution to increase overall productivity of IT resources and application performance, and reduce application latency due to storage bottlenecks. The new HP LPe1605 HBA improves latency and achieves high performance IOPS, without sacrificing CPU performance,” said Paul Durzan, vice president, Enterprise Server Business, HP. “With seamless integration into HP Storage Essentials (SE) and System Insight Manager (SIM), and support for the HP ProLiant Gen8 ProActive Insight architecture, the HP LPe1605 HBA is ideal for customers’ current and future data center environments.”
- Demartek, Emulex LPe16000B 16Gb Fibre Channel HBA Feature Comparison, December 2012
- Demartek Emulex LPe16000B 16Gb Fibre Channel HBA Evaluation, October 2012
- Based on Emulex Labs benchmark testing
- Read our Connect & Converge with HP blog on today’s news here.
- Learn more about Emulex Gen 5 FC technology here.
- Follow Emulex on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/emulex
To learn more about Emulex, please visit: http://www.emulex.com
Emulex, a leader in network connectivity, monitoring and management, provides hardware and software solutions for global networks that support enterprise, cloud, government and telecommunications. Emulex’s products enable unrivalled end-to-end application visibility, optimization and acceleration. The Company’s I/O connectivity offerings, including its line of ultra high-performance Ethernet and Fibre Channel-based connectivity products, have been designed into server and storage solutions from leading OEMs, including Cisco, Dell, EMC, Fujitsu, Hitachi, HP, Huawei, IBM, NetApp and Oracle, and can be found in the data centres of nearly all of the Fortune 1000. Emulex’s monitoring and management solutions, including its portfolio of network visibility and recording products, provide organisations with complete network performance management at speeds up to 100Gb Ethernet. Emulex is headquartered in Costa Mesa, Calif., and has offices and research facilities in North America, Asia and Europe. For more information about Emulex (NYSE:ELX) please visit http://www.Emulex.com.