QLogic FlexSuite Technology Enables Fujitsu to Accelerate Development and Time-to-Market
ALISO VIEJO, Calif., March 26, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — QLogic (Nasdaq:QLGC), the market share leader in Fibre Channel adapters, today announced that its FlexSuite™ technology has been embedded and is now shipping in Fujitsu ETERNUS disk storage systems. QLogic® FlexSuite technology enables Fujitsu to leverage a multi-protocol converged storage platform to deliver high-performance 16Gb Fibre Channel storage solutions.
“QLogic has enabled Fujitsu to ship 16Gb Fibre Channel using the latest QLogic FlexSuite multi-protocol technology,” said Amit Vashi, vice president of marketing, Host Solutions Group, QLogic. “QLogic’s investments in this versatile I/O controller and accelerated target-mode development processes enable storage customers to deliver early-to-market, end-to-end, high-performance, multi-protocol connectivity solutions for next-generation data centers that are secure and highly reliable.”
QLogic 16Gb Fibre Channel adapters deliver twice the throughput and three times the transaction speeds of previous-generation 8Gb Fibre Channel products while maintaining backward-compatibility with 8Gb and 4Gb Fibre Channel investments.
“QLogic is a longstanding, trusted provider of high performance Fibre Channel and Ethernet connectivity solutions for Fujitsu storage systems that span over six generations of products,” said Yasuhiro Arikawa, senior vice president, Storage Systems Unit, Fujitsu Limited. “By standardizing on the QLogic FlexSuite technology, and leveraging QLogic’s accelerated target mode development platform, we have reduced our development cycles and gained a time-to-market advantage. This advantage allows us to deliver storage solutions that address the high performance storage virtualization market requirements of the next-generation data center.”
The QLogic FlexSuite technology offers storage OEM partners:
Flexibility and Accelerated Time-to-Market
- A common, multi-protocol hardware platform accelerates time-to-market through a highly leveraged, single development and qualification cycle for 16Gb Fibre Channel, 10Gb FCoE and 10Gb/1Gb iSCSI.
- QLogic application programming interface (API) that is identical to previous-generation 8Gb Fibre Channel and 10Gb Ethernet controllers provides OEM software teams with an easy migration path to next-generation speeds and offers the flexibility to leverage existing software investments to deliver next-generation storage appliances.
- QLogic’s target mode development kit enables storage OEMs to develop custom boards as well as drivers without significant incremental investments in software development and testing. The QLogic development kit consists of documentation to develop hardware and software, reference driver source code across popular operating system environments including FreeBSD, Linux SCST, Target Core Module – Linux-iSCSI.org (TCM/LIO) and Solaris Comstar, as well as diagnostic and manufacturing tools
Unique Capabilities for Target Mode Deployments
- Full offloads for all block storage protocols (Fibre Channel, FCoE and iSCSI)
- Concurrent FCoE and iSCSI operation on the same physical port
- T10-PI support, an increasingly important requirement among storage vendors for ensuring data integrity from host to storage media
- A programmable architecture that allows for feature customization and performance optimizations tuned for the OEM partner
- Capability to enable extended logins and exchanges that are more than twice those being offered by QLogic’s nearest competitor
- Online field debugging tools such as enhanced Hardware Assist Firmware Tracing (eHAFT) to enable higher up-time
QLogic’s unique port-level isolation architecture adds an additional layer of reliability and security with each port having its own set of processors, memory and firmware resources, ensuring that if one port should encounter issues, the second, isolated port continues to function securely and without interruption. This allows Fujitsu ETERNUS storage systems to deliver secure, deterministically predictive and scalable performance that is ideal for enterprise customers.
Follow QLogic @ twitter.com/qlogic
QLogic–the Ultimate in Performance
QLogic (Nasdaq:QLGC) is a global leader and technology innovator in high performance networking, including adapters, switches and ASICs. Leading OEMs and channel partners worldwide rely on QLogic products for their data, storage and server networking solutions. For more information, visit www.qlogic.com.
Disclaimer – Forward-Looking Statements
This press release contains statements relating to future results of the company (including certain beliefs and projections regarding business and market trends) that are “forward-looking statements” as defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected or implied in the forward-looking statements. The company advises readers that these potential risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to: unfavorable economic conditions; potential fluctuations in operating results; gross margins that may vary over time; the stock price of the company may be volatile; the company’s dependence on the networking markets served; the ability to maintain and gain market or industry acceptance of the company’s products; the company’s dependence on a small number of customers; the company’s ability to compete effectively with other companies; the complexity of the company’s products; declining average unit sales prices of comparable products; the company’s dependence on sole source and limited source suppliers; the company’s dependence on relationships with certain third-party subcontractors and contract manufacturers; the ability to attract and retain key personnel; sales fluctuations arising from customer transitions to new products; seasonal fluctuations and uneven sales patterns in orders from customers; a reduction in sales efforts by current distributors; changes in the company’s tax provisions or adverse outcomes resulting from examination of its income tax returns; international economic, currency, regulatory, political and other risks; facilities of the company and its suppliers and customers are located in areas subject to natural disasters; the ability to protect proprietary rights; the ability to satisfactorily resolve any infringement claims; uncertain benefits from strategic business combinations, acquisitions and divestitures; declines in the market value of the company’s marketable securities; changes in and compliance with regulations; difficulties in transitioning to smaller geometry process technologies; the use of “open source” software in the company’s products; and security system risks, data protection breaches and cyber-attacks.
More detailed information on these and additional factors which could affect the company’s operating and financial results are described in the company’s Forms 10-K, 10-Q and other reports filed, or to be filed, with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The company urges all interested parties to read these reports to gain a better understanding of the business and other risks that the company faces. The forward-looking statements contained in this press release are made only as of the date hereof, and the company does not intend to update or revise these forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
QLogic and the QLogic logo are registered trademarks of QLogic Corporation. Other trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of the companies with which they are associated.